Need a break from scrambled eggs? Change it up using the mighty avocado (derived from the Aztec word for "testicle" [ahuacatl], by the way). With the instructions below, you can enjoy a no cleanup wonder of a dish. Hat tip to Alan Henry of Lifehacker, who introduced me to this:'
1. In a recent meta-analysisby Zheng, Xu et. al. (April, 2013, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition), a comprehensive literature review of all relevant trials of GTE with or without caffeine, showed a significant decrease in fasting blood glucose (FBG) with GTE whether it included caffeine or not.
2. In a by Lecumberri et al (in Press may 2013 – Clinical Nutrition) the authors showed that GTE had a positive synergistic effect that was considered additive when combined with conventional cancer therapies. They suggested GTE could enhance current therapies through the amelioration (betterment) of cancer therapy side effect. Further research is still required
1. You must perform regular resistance training (men and women)
2. Ensure you have approximately 15g of good quality protein at every meal
3. Protein quality is critical.
4. Protein timing is more important that quantity. 20g of leucine rich whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) or whey proteinisolate (WPI) post work out and before bed can increase Muscle protein synthesis (MPS)
5. A higher protein diet with adequate high fibre carbohydrates promotes more fat loss and muscle preservation that a diet higher in carbohydrates and lower in protein
High Intensity intermittent exercise and timed daily protein ingestion
Fat loss in women can be notably harder than for men despite hours in the gym and endless dieting. Often all the hard work is in vain as the results are small compared to the effort.
Most exercise protocols designed to induce fat loss have focussed on regular steady state exercise such as walking and jogging at a moderate intensity for an extended duration. Although this is fantastic for general health and will affect overall energy expenditure, it may not be conducive to getting the desired results for fat loss with current dietary intakes.
Accumulating evidence suggests that high intensity intermittent exercise (HIIE) has the potential to be a more economical and effective exercise protocol for reducing fat weight , in particular abdominal (visceral fat). More recently, two studies in women have shown how HIIE and whey protein combined to increase fat loss.